Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Constructing a new house

I bought an 8M plot in Bahria town Lahore last year and now planning to start construction on it. I spent last few months meeting with people who have recently constructed their houses, talking to various builders,architects and visiting newly constructed or under construction houses at Bahria. It was an awesome experience and I learned lots of ins and outs of construction process.


STEP 1 Drawing the map:
================
The first and most important step is to draw map of your dream house. To me, it totally depends on your requirements, your aesthetic sense, location and size of your plot. I visited many houses in Bahria town Lahore and other places, met their owners, got their feedback, discussed map of their house with them.  Below are some maps that I got from various sources during this survey. Almost all of them are less than 10M as my plot size is 8M so I was not interested in anything greater than 8M.

If you are like to draw your own maps, download sketchup and draw your own house maps. It is very powerful tool and has various interesting features.

Bahria Town Houses Maps:
===================

House Number 1:
============
 

House Number 3
==============
 

House Number 4:
================
 

Lake City Maps:
============
You can get maps of LakeCity villas from http://www.lakecitylahore.com/villas.html. They have villas in following sizes:
  • 10 Marla:  
  • 12 Marla: 
  • 14 Marla
  • 1 Kanal
Safari Villas Maps:
==============
Although I personally don't like design of safari villas but you can also look at maps of different safari villas to get an idea about house design. Bahria offers different styles in villas including:
 Izhar Villas:
=========
Izhar is a big group and their villas are very well designed and constructed. Izhar offers following Villas:
They have given complete maps with floor plans and pictures of interior. I personally like their villas.

Valencia Homes:
============
Valencia homes are available in following sizes:
  • 5 Marla
  • 10 Marla
  • 8 Marla
  • 16 Marla
You can find details of these houses from http://www.valanciahomes.com/

I will keep on updating this post as I get more maps. May Allah (SWT) bless all of you and your families with nice, beautiful and comfortable houses. Aaameen.

3 comments:

  1. This steps are very important to follow, especially for like me who plans to build my own house. I will use this before I contact a house contractors in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Constructing a new house is really very good. the idea of constructing beautiful.
    Plot for Sale in Lahore

    ReplyDelete